CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I've got my eye on the prize......

Yesterday I went for my regular weekly obgyn checkup. Baby's heartrate was in the 130's (where it's been for a while now), still head down (b/c she is far too big now to do any flipping or flopping) and very low. The doctor could feel her head during the exam. I was about 1-2 cm dialated and already about 80% effaced. This is exactly where I was at this point during my pregnancy with Owen. Dr. King seems to think that Olivia is big, bigger than her brother who weighed alomost 9 lbs. at birth, therefore he suggested inducing me next Thursday September 3rd, exactly 7 days before my official due date. At this stage in the game she could be gaining 1-2 ounces per day, and this difference in a week could mean the difference in me delivering a 9 lbs baby or a 10 lbs baby. This means poor Owen is starting preschool and getting a sister in the same week, poor guy, so many changes for him all at once. I will be going in to the doctor Wednesday morning and he is planning on inserting a balloon (seriously, that's what it's called- google "pregnancy induction with balloon") that will get me started dilating. And with my previous history of a quick quick labor, this may be all she wrote and baby Olivia may come sometime Wednesday instead of me getting fully induced Thursday morning. Who knows what will happen at this point, it seems as if there are still so many things that could happen between now and then.

1 comments:

Christine Bilek said...

wow, you have a big baby cooking...enjoy your last few days as a family of 3!!